Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life: Spring Checklist

photo credit
 
Does anyone else find it difficult to set achievable goals? I'm forever trying to do everything at once - lose weight, write a book, start a blog, take more photos, etc. I've always found the idea of complete metamorphosis intoxicating. Even though I know it's the right way to go about making change, the whole concept of "walk before you run" never quite captures my imagination.

This issue is compounded by my incredibly vocal inner critic. Whenever I try to create manageable resolutions, my internal dialogue usually goes something like this: "Exercising three times per week? Is that really all you can do? What's the point?" or "Is that really your goal? It sounds pretty lame to me."

To address this one-two punch to my self-esteem, I thought it might be helpful to make a quarterly checklist of what I'd like to accomplish. Because there is only so much you can do in three months - right? It essentially forces you to make big picture goals more achievable and encourages you to check-in periodically to make sure you're on the right track. 

In the spirit of making small, manageable changes that will (hopefully!) lead to big results, here is my checklist for Spring 2013:
 
HEALTH:
Six-week nutrition class
Beginner's exercise routine - 3x/week
Restorative yoga class - 1x/week
Food + exercise journal

HOME:
Closet clean-out project
Redecorate the porch
Summer wardrobe planning
Purchase new clothes for summer  + Join Gywnnie Bee

WRITING:
Blog 3x/week
Photo-a-Day project
Inspiration collage
Start my SMASH journal

FOR FUN:
Treat myself to a blow-out
Attempt three Pinterest projects (one/month)
Open the cabin
Celebrate my birthday in style

I'll keep you updated!

Love,
Ellen Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment